How to Share an HP Printer on the network?
HP printer is a great discovery in the printing world. If you own one, you can have different benefits such as quick printing, better quality outputs, versatility, reliability and numerous other benefits.
You can easily share the printer on a network or take the help from the technical staff by dialing the Printer Customer Service Number.
Follow the steps listed below in order to share an HP printer:
- Install the printer drivers: First, you need to install the printer on the computer it is connected to in order to share it. Most of the printers connect via USB and when you connect the same it will get installed automatically.
- Go to Control Panel: Open the Control Panel by clicking on the ‘Start’ menu and select it from the menu.
- Network and Sharing Centre: Click on the option ‘Network and Internet’, and select ‘Network and Sharing Centre’. Click on ‘Network and Internet.
- Advanced Sharing Settings- Next, click on the ‘Change advanced sharing settings’ link. You will get this option in the left navigation pane of the Network and Sharing Centre. If you get stuck anywhere, you can simply contact the technical staff via HP Help Number.
- Expand the profile: You will get three different options in the ‘Advanced share settings’ window: Private, Guest or Public, and All Networks. If you are connected to a Home network, expand the Private section.
- Enable ‘File and printer sharing’: Now, activate the ‘File and printer sharing’ option to allow other devices to connect to your printer. This way you will be allowed to share files and folders with other computers on the same network.
- Toggle the password protection. You can select whether or not you want to enable password protection for the printer. If it is on and you have a user account on your computer, you will be able to access the printer. You can use the password protection in the ‘All Networks’ section.
- Share the printer: The next step will be file sharing the printer itself. Go to the Control Panel and click on the Devices and Printers option. Now, right-click on the printer you want to share and click on the option ‘Printer properties’. Click on the Sharing tab, and then tick mark the ‘Share this printer’ box.
How to Print to a Network Printer
Let’s say you have your network printer shared. Now a friend comes to your house and wants to print to your printer.
Here’s what you should do on your friend’s computer (assuming it’s a Windows computer) to allow them to print to your networked printer.
- Make sure your friend’s computer is connected to your home WiFi
- Open the control panel by right clicking on the start button and selecting control panel
- Below the hardware and sound section tap view devices and printers
- From the top menu click add printer
- The computer will now look for printers on the network and bring them up in a list; when you see your printer in the list, click on it and select next
- The computer will then set up the printer; Wait patiently; when it’s done, you’ll get a message and an option to print a test page; Print a test page if you wish and click finish
- Now your friend can open the webpage, email or document they’d like to print and your network printer should be listed in their printer options when the tap print!
Now you can print to it from further computers and devices in your home. If you have any problems leave a comment below so we can help you out.
Sharing a printer is easy and you just need to follow the above steps. In case you face any difficulties while doing the same, you can simply make a call at the HP Support Phone Number.